Annie Chang Lee
Annie represents major health care providers in state and federal civil actions, arbitrations, mediations, and settlement negotiations.
Annie represents major health care providers and has experience litigating issues such as the interpretation of California's Knox-Keene Act, ERISA, the federal Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act, the Affordable Care Act, California's Business & Professions Code § 17200, third party liability claims, provider actions under the Hospital Lien Act, the Government Tort Claims Act, as well as general contract/business disputes.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Annie worked at a boutique health care law firm in Southern California. Prior to that she was a post-bar law clerk at the California Attorney General's Office. During law school, Ms. Lee was the Executive Editor of the San Diego Law Review, a Legal Writing teaching assistant, and a research assistant for law professors. She also worked as a judicial extern for the Honorable Michael M. Anello in the Southern District of California, and was a law clerk at both the US Attorney's Office in the Southern District of California, and the US Department of State in Washington, DC.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
Annie’s articles and publications include:
- "The Broadening Definition of Elder Abuse," California Healthcare News; October 11, 2016
- "CMS Finalizes Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) Worksheets," California Healthcare News; January 7, 2016
Life Beyond the Law
Annie is an “I Love Lucy” fanatic and loves travelling. Outside of the office, she spends as much time as possible with her husband Richard, and their adopted beagle/dachshund puppy, Enzo. She also enjoys gardening, yoga, and reading in coffee shops. She is fluent in Mandarin.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- US Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
University of San Diego School of LawJD2012University of California, IrvineBA2007