Arenas & Stadiums
- Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment: Representation in connection with the Brooklyn Nets’ multi-million dollar training facility, including construction matters, leasing of the real property, and the separate lease of the associated tenant improvements. Also assisted with its multi-year agreement with AEG Facilities to provide operational support at the Barclays Center, the team’s arena in Brooklyn, New York.
- DC United: Assisted in securing the rights to develop a new state-of-the-art soccer stadium in Washington, DC; negotiated several agreements and assisted with financing and various title issues.
- Verizon Center: Representation of Washington Sports & Entertainment Limited Partnership and its related entities in the acquisition and development of Verizon Center (formerly MCI Center, now Capital One Arena), the downtown DC sports arena that is home to the Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, Washington Capitals, and Georgetown Hoyas. Also represented Washington Sports & Entertainment Limited Partnership, DC Arena LP, and the Washington Wizards in connections with various financings, refinancings, and credit facilities, including with respect to Verizon Center and the Wizards’ participation in the initial NBA League Wide Financing Facility and numerous supplements and modifications to such Facility.
- Odebrecht/Consortium Maracana SA: Representation of Brazilian construction group, Odebrecht in connection with its long term agreement with Consortium Maracana SA (which includes sports and entertainment company IMX and sports and entertainment group AEG) to operate the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, advising Consortium Maracana in connection with certain other stadium related agreements.
- Barclays Center: Representation of Brooklyn Arena LLC in a deal to move the New York Islanders to the Barclays Center and in connection with the development of the Barclays Center sports and entertainment facility, including sponsorship agreements, suite licensing agreements, the food and beverage/concession agreement, and miscellaneous arena-related matters.
- Time Warner Cable Arena: Representation of Bobcats Basketball LLC and its related entities in the development and leasing of the Time Warner Cable Arena, located in Charlotte, North Carolina, which is the home of the Charlotte Bobcats.
- AT&T Park: Representation of Pacific Bell (acquired by AT&T) in connection with the naming rights agreement for the home of the San Francisco Giants.
- United Airlines Memorial Coliseum: Acting as agent for the University of Southern California in a naming rights agreement in connection with the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Under the 16-year agreement, the venue will officially become the United Airlines Memorial Coliseum beginning in August 2019.
- Maryland SoccerPlex: Representation of a private soccer foundation that runs an athletic complex on state and county park land in Montgomery County, Maryland, in the negotiation of the long-term ground
lease and cost sharing arrangements with local government agencies as well as in connection with the financing and construction of the complex and the resolution of various legislative issues.
- PPL Park: Representation of the developer of PPL Park, home of the MLS franchise Philadelphia Union, in connection with the contracts for project management services, design, and construction of PPL Park.
- USTA National Tennis Center: Representation of USTA National Tennis Center in connection with bond financing transactions that provided capital for improvements to the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.