Jennifer specializes in the representation of professional sports leagues, teams, media and technology companies, investors, promoters, hospitality companies and sports, entertainment, and lifestyle agencies. Jennifer counsels sports and entertainment clients on issues ranging from mergers and acquisitions and other transactions to sponsorships, advertising, media matters, league formations and restructurings, and all forms of commercial agreements, including licensing, merchandising and promotional agreements, venue, vendor, and other special events agreements.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Jennifer was a partner at a boutique firm where she was head of the firm’s Sports and Entertainment Practice Group. She also served as General Counsel of RSE Ventures, LLC, a sports and entertainment venture company and was previously the Commissioner & CEO of Women’s Professional Soccer (WPS), the highest level women’s professional soccer league in North America.
In addition to stints with two prominent law firms, Jennifer has also held positions at the Arena Football League, NFL, and the Interpublic Group of Companies (IPG), where she worked with various IPG agencies including Octagon, its global sports, entertainment and lifestyle marketing agency.
Sports Lawyers’ Association; former member of the Board of Directors of Women in Sports and Events (WISE) and the Association of the City Bar of New York
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- Sports Lawyers Association Conference, “Breaking into the Sports Industry”, May 2010 (Phoenix, AZ)
- Dedication to Community, “Harnessing the Entrepreneurial Spirit-Pathway to Empowerment”, April 2012 (Seton Hall University)
- Dedication to Community, “Empowering Your Entrepreneurial Spirit”, October 2012 (St. John’s University)
- New Jersey Soccer Association Centennial Gala, Keynote Speech on the “History of Women’s Soccer in New Jersey”, November 2013 (Woodland Park, NJ)
- Soccerex Americas Forum, “Sports Tourism, the New Shop Window”, October 2014 (Barbados)
- 3rd Annual Cardozo Sports Law Symposium, “Major League, Back to the Minors: Exploring the World of Minor League Sports”, March 2015 (New York, NY)
- 19th Annual Fordham Sports Law Symposium, “Politics Imitating Sports, or Sports Imitating Politics: An Analysis of Women’s Issues in Sports & Society”, April 2015 (New York, NY)
- Sports Business Journal Game Changers “Career Building for Today’s Sports Executive” September 2015 (New York, NY)
- Sports Lawyers’ Association Conference, “Women’s Emerging Sports Leagues”, May 2016 (Los Angeles, CA)
- UIA, “Leagues and Federations: The Governance of Sports”, March 2016 (Miami, FL)
- Law In Sport Conference, “Brand Protection: How Do Sports Brands Adapt and Meet Challenges in Today’s Rapidly Changing Digital Economy?”, September 2017 (London, England)
- “MLS Season Kicks Off After CBA Deal With Players’ Union”, World Sports Law Report, March 2015
Life Beyond the Law
Jennifer and her husband are the proud parents of three active children. When she’s not attending live sporting events (both client or kid related), Jennifer’s other personal interests include yoga, reading, cooking and spending time with her family.
Bar & Court Admissions
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
Columbus School of Law at The Catholic University of AmericaJDUniversity of RichmondBA